HD Verticut Cassette
Available in the following sizes:
- 20” for SC510 machines
- 24” for HD/SC610 machines
- 30” for HD760 machines
- 36” for HD914 machines
The HD Verticut Reel offers the following benefits:
- Ideal for keeping compaction on golf greens, cricket pitches and any other sports field under control
- Especially effective in splitting grass roots in order to aid fertilisation and growth
- Blades are made of specially hardened and tempered spring steel
- The Reel is supplied as a complete unit with Soleplate
- Fitting the Reel into the machine is extremely easy
The Verticutter blade is a thin, straight, rectangular blade. It is made out of hardened spring steel.
Deep Verticutting is normally required when the ground is compacted, and the ground needs to be aerated. Prior to Verticutting the ground should be watered to make the ground soft. You can Verticut up to a depth of 25-30mm. This is below the root level of grass.
By Verticutting you can aerate the green, then fertilize and irrigate it. Nutrients can now penetrate down to root level and rejuvenate the green. Before this could not happen, due to compaction, water and nutrients would just lie on top of the grass and not penetrate the ground.
Verticutting will not only loosen the ground, but also bring up dead roots and thatch, encouraging further growth.